Alex Brown is a partner at Lathrop GPM with 10 years of experience in law. Alex has litigated dozens of insurance coverage cases across the country on behalf of some of the largest corporations in the world, in federal and state trial and appellate courts, where hundreds of millions of dollars have been in dispute. Increasingly, his practice now focuses on civil rights litigation involving wrongful convictions.
Alex joins the podcast to talk about transitioning from insurance litigation to civil rights litigation, and why young associates should prioritize client communications.
Listen to the episode to learn:
- How Alex leveraged his background in insurance policy to transition into civil rights litigation
- Why Alex doesn’t think winning a major case is necessary for making partner, despite it being a milestone in his own path to partnership
- Why young associates should adjust their mindset to become more responsive to their clients
- Alex’s advice for young associates who might have larger ambitions than their current opportunities
- Why litigation funding is a critical part of Alex’s civil rights practice
More tips from top litigators on how they made partner can be found on Legalist's Rainmaker podcast, now available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.