Yi-Chin Ho is a litigation partner in the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Yi-Chin’s practice focuses on representing Chinese companies, based in the U.S. and abroad, ranging from multinational public companies to emerging companies, in antitrust and trade regulation, white collar and government investigations, securities fraud and investigations, class action, intellectual property and other complex, cross-border business litigation matters.
Yi-Chin joins the podcast to talk about overcoming sexism in BigLaw, and why all associates should find a mentor.
Listen to this podcast to learn:
- How Yi-chin leveraged her advantage of being multilingual and multicultural to develop a unique specialty in cross-border litigation
- Why Yi-chin believes it is more important for associates to hone their legal skills than to bring in business
- How to build good reputation within the community and leverage good performance for more work
- How Yi-chin overcame sexist stereotypes to dominate the market of representing automotive aftermarket companies
- Why exemplifying commitment and initiative will help associates become partners
More tips from top litigators on how they made partner can be found on Legalist's Rainmaker podcast, now available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.